As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we know it is top of mind for our customers. We see it in the items people are buying and hear it in the conversations we’re having in our stores. So we believe it’s important to share the steps we are taking at Susanville Supermarket to keep our people safe and our facilities clean.
In your store:
- We have added extra hours and are Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including cashier stations, credit card terminals, conveyor belts and food service counters.
- Wiping down shopping carts, baskets and equipment.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer.
- All associates in fresh departments and cashiers are wearing sanitary gloves.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer at cashier stations, food service counters, and all fresh departments.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products.
- Continuing to provide our customers with free disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- Following best practices for safe food handling, as always.
For our team members
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in break rooms and offices
- Asking our associates to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
For our customers
- Encouraging our customers to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Recommending that our customers also practice safe food handling at home.
- Posters of depicting proper hand washing techniques, limiting the transmission of germs, etc. are posted in every department.
- Department Managers are talking with staff members about healthy habits.
- Department Managers will re-enforce best practices.
- Regular staff meetings to share best practices and address the fluid nature of this virus.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve you. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to provide a safe shopping experience for our customers and a healthy environment for our associates and communities.